Friday, June 24, 2011

A First Step



Do you ever look around your space and think, man I could do so much better? I do. I have. So this is the beginning.

The space I am working on at present is the catch all room... I mean master bedroom. Really the only thing in it that shows it to be the master, is the closet. The closet is roughly twice the size of the one in my sewing room...


My goal for now is simple, clear out the caught items that do not belong and move things around to be more calming and comfortable.

Since I have stolen the table from the breakfast room for my sewing room, until I find the thing I want for in there (or make it) the breakfast room will for now be the catchall room. 
 

That big ugly box is really a fire pit for the front porch... though I would rather it not be on the porch but on a patio. The problem is we have not built a patio yet. The vacuum cleaner will go into the closet once Beloved's office is finished and all his office totes are out of said closet. 4 things must happen for that to work... his foot must heal so he is out of his boot, we must gather our pennies for paint and vapor barrier for the flooring (now stashed under the bed and making the bed all wonky) next we must lay said floor and lastly, we must get the furniture his dad is giving him and set it up in his office.

So what can we get done NOW you ask? Well my intention this weekend is to declutter, restash, sweep and mop the floor and rearrange the furniture.

See the window above the bed? OK that window gets direct sun from around 10 am until around 4 pm. 

See the ac unit? That window picks up the sun from 4 until when ever it sets. Right now around 945 or so. 

This room gets a ton of heat all day and that makes the bed HOT at night. Remember we have NO trees here in this spot of the prairie. This house has no insulation at all in the walls. That can not be fixed this year. We have 1 more truck to pay off then medical bills to pay off too. Next summer we hope to have saved enough to tackle painting and such. 

 

For now I want my bed away from the heated glass during the day. So the bed and dresser will change places. I did not get a picture of the dresser... it is by the now non-functioning pocket door to the room. My ultimate design will have the walls covered in bead board. I love bead board and this house has not one speck of it! I plan to change that eventually too, at least in the master bedroom and breakfast room! Possibly the kitchen too.

I will post about the moving around and the pics of the progress probably Monday. After all that moving I may not be able to type before then! I have asked my boys to come help move the big stuff. Today I will begin moving out some of the smalls.

hugs y'all!




2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your rearranging adventures, my friend! I have no doubt the end results will leave you feeling like you have a new room. It will be tiring in the process, but oh-so worth it in the end.

    Love, hugs and continued prayers...

    PS: I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a productive weekend of rearranging! Those kind of projects usually take time and I always have to remind myself to look at what I've accomplished so far, instead of what still needs to be done.
    p.s. Thanks for stopping by my blog! (The Make Your Own Zone)

    ReplyDelete