Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My new old stove...



I got this from a gal I met on freecycle. Her mom had been trying to sell it. She gave up and said I could have it if i still wanted it.



At first glance it looked great. As I have begun to study it however, the condition is really poor. Now I know why the guy said I couldn't take it to the scrap place said that when I picked it up.

Nothing daunted my plan is to derust it, then paint is cream and blue. The blue will match the Newport on the front. If it was in decent condition I would hesitate a bit. However since it currently has no resale value, I will do as I please and make it match what the breakfast room will someday look like.





It is missing near as I can see 2 knobs and a door. I want to get the gas pipe off of the back so it will fit better against the wall. I do have the grills, cast iron and decorative too, but they are still in the truck since I forgot to grab them.

I think when done this will be a lovely display piece!

Hugs y'all

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!
    We once had to leave a gorgeous 1950's electric stove behind. I had my husband move it to the basement. Had the steps repaired and no matter what we tried, that thing would NOT go back up the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, what a neat treasure! I think it's a great idea to paint it up and make it look the way you want it to. What charm and character it will bring to your home!

    Hugs and love to you and your Beloved, as always.

    ReplyDelete