Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cool Deals at the Books Sale!

Here in San Angelo we are blessed with 2 totally awesome books sales each year. One is the Friends of the Library sale in the spring.

The other is the Adult Literacy Council's fall sale. I so totally scored this year!

The first time I went I found not only 8 Grace Livingston Hill books, but several neat kids books. A newer copy of Chronicles of Avonlea (mine is a hard back from the 40s and not in the best shape!). I also got a copy of Kin to Anne, which I have heard of but never read. I forget what all I got the first go round.

The second time, on donation day, I got more GLH books, all different than the first day! 2 Raggedy Ann books, and well just look at all this bounty! Mouse was very attentive while I was putting my books in to genre piles.

Mouse

When I was an antiques dealer Kovels was the go to guide!

These will come in handy when we redo the kitchen, we plan to build our own cabinets!

One can never have to many LHOP books!



Jan Karon's Father Tim is one of my fave characters. Now I can share him with others!

GLH one of the BEST authors ever!

I loved Taste of Home and its sister magazine Quick Cooking! 

Jannette Oke is another awesome author. I have never read Roses for Mama the others I have but did not own them... until now...

Kids book bonanza! I am totally besotted by Raggedy Ann...

Ooodles and gobs of  Patterns.

More patterns!

Annie's Attic Patterns! 2 envelopes full of them.

Many quilt magazines too. Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting and BHG's American Patchwork and Quilting mainly.

I loved Crafting Traditions! I collect them when ever i find them!



The BHG Quilting magazines. 



A variety of interests! Even a kids snack cookbook by Discovery Toys!

Of course I had to get this one since I love Beanies too... I think I may be a toy and book hound...

Looking at all the books just plum tuckered Spazzy Girl out! 



I have reading material and crafting ideas for months!

Plus I got to spend the morning with my friend and her 3 precious girls. What could be better?
Hugs y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I know I sound like a broken record, but again, I am amazed at the awesome things you find! Maybe Indiana just has slim pickin's, but I can't ever seem to find much of anything.

    ReplyDelete