Saturday, October 15, 2011

A few of my favorite recent finds.

Yard sales have been very uninteresting lately. Today I did go to one, where I found some shoes, a picture frame and a cross to hang on a wall. None of these items, though neat, really make me go wow. Ya' know what I mean?








Not pictured are a cookie sheet, the wall cross and a Bible cover that is in the washer.

So today I decided to share some of my favorite finds that were not acquired at yard sales.

First on ebay I have been looking at dolls. I have purchased several. My very favorite is this Raggedy Ann. She is a home made one but every detail is perfect.






Betty Armbruster is very talented!

Next I got 2 lots of rag dolls. These are Holly Hobbie friends. This lot also contained a Campbells Kid doll. I had Holly Hobbie herself as a child but not her friends. Now I just need to find a new (to me...) Holly Hobbie doll. i never had a Campbells kid doll. These do need a good cleaning but I have not figured out how best to do it yet.





The next lot advertised a set of Groovy Girls. I LOVE GGs almost as much as Raggedy Ann. This set had 4 gorgeous dolls in it. However only 2 of them are actual GGs. The other 2 are Unimax Toys Inc. dolls.



Brenna and a GG I have not found the name of yet.

The 2 Unimax Dolls. I have not been able to find names for them. 

Now I do a lot of giving on Freecycle. I also answer ads that interest me. One I posted about a few weeks ago was for dolls.
Well now it is time to share the other treasures in that box.

Remember the "Dirty face" doll? Heehee I have all the parts to make a "Clean face" counterpart!




Also in that box was another box labeled "Dutch Doll pieces given to me in 86 by mama" Here are the contents:





Now look at this:


I know there is no way I could ever do this stuff justice. It is destined to be something I pull out and look at longingly from time to time.

Also in that box was another box containing all this bounty:




Tulips are my favorite flower.

Then there were these 2 signed blocks:






These blocks make me wonder who the 2 Mrs. (or Miss) Livingstons were.

Underneath all that bounty was this:





More vintage quilt pieces for me to fondle lovingly while I bemoan my lack of talent with a needle...


All of these items are things I will treasure. Someday perhaps I will be bold enough to work on the quilting part. In the mean time I will practice my aprons...


Plus, a picture of my Ham, also known as Spazzy Girl...




Hugs y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I love Raggedy Ann! When Katie was born, that's what I did her nursery in. :)
    And I bet you'd be really good at quilting, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie! What a rich blessing you received on that haul, jah? I am so excited you found that you needed to fix 'Dirty Face' and bring her back to the beauty she is!

    Those Holly Hobbie and Groovy Girls are just too stinkin' cute. I don't think I've ever seen Groovy Girls before, and can you believe it? I'd completely forgotten about Holly Hobbie!

    And, speaking of Raggedy Ann ~ I saw something Thursday evening at the Quilt Guild meeting I wanted to get for you SO badly...but, it wasn't for sale. Heehee! The presenter that evening had made a set of Raggedy Ann *and* Andy quilts. They were the most adorable things I've seen lately. I couldn't help but think of you!

    Those Dutch Doll pieces remind me so much of the Sunbonnet Sue quilt patterns. Again, something that is just too cute!

    Now, consider this, my friend...what if you were to take that little Dutch Doll fabric square and incorporate it into one of your aprons? Like, perhaps, the bib section. That way, you can enjoy her sweetness frequently in a practical way, rather than just take it out once in a while. You could do the same thing with your tulip square. Pure cuteness, jah?

    Lots of love, hugs and prayers to you, as always. Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doh! I meant to say "I am so glad you found WHAT you needed to fix 'Dirty Face'"! That's what I get for trying to communicate before coffee. Oy!

    ReplyDelete